Imeachtaí is Déanaí
- Farmer RBPS information evenings 2022Wild Atlantic Nature RBPS team will host a series of farmer information evenings for farmers in the RBPS target areas for 2022. The meetings will be held in Glenamoy, Mayo on 8th and 14th March, Cloonacool (28th March) and Kilmactigue (29th March), Sligo, and Meenaneary (4th April) and Glenties (5th April), Donegal 5th.
- AHFES Interreg project webinarDr Gary Goggins, LIFE IP Wild Atlantic Nature, is among the invited speakers at the Altantic Area Healthy Food Ecosystem (AHFES) project webinar on Tuesday April 5th. Gary will speak about ways that healthy food trends can align with results-based agri-environment programmes for growth of SMEs.
- Irish Wildlife Trust webinarWild Atlantic Nature project manager Dr Derek McLoughlin is the invited speaker at the Irish Wildlife Trust webinar series on 9th March, we he will provide an overview of the project and how it aims to protect and conserve blanket bog habitat and associated flora and fauna.
- Burren Winterage Festival 2021Wild Atlantic Nature were represented at the Burren Winterage festival where project manager Derek McLoughlin took part in a panel discussion on the future of agri-environment EIP schemes. The Burren Winterage is hugely successful annual event that celebrates farming and nature in the unique Burren landscape and across Ireland.
- Peatlands Gathering 2021The Peatlands Gathering 2021 took place from 7-9 October to share knowledge and understandings of peatlands in Ireland. LIFE IP Wild Atlantic Nature manager Derek McLoughlin gave a presentation focusing on the management of farmland and its influence on the quality of peatland habitat. As part of the event, Wild Atlantic Nature and Pearl Mussel …
- Wild Atlantic Nature RBPS farm advisor training21 farm advisors have completed the Wild Atlantic Nature Results-Based Payment Scheme (RBPS) training for 2021. Training took place over two periods in July and August with field and online sessions. The list of approved Wild Atlantic Nature RBPS advisors is available on our website.
- Wild Atlantic Nature team member invited to join Panel of Experts for H2020 RENASCENCE project eventWild Atlantic Nature team member Gary Goggins was invited to take part in a ‘Panel of Experts in Sustainable Food Procurement’ session as part of the Horizon 2020 RENASCENCE project. The event, coordinated by the Universidad del Pais Vasco, Spain, aimed to develop a System of Indicators for sustainable food procurement. The event was held …
Wild Atlantic Nature team member invited to join Panel of Experts for H2020 RENASCENCE project event Read More »
- Dr Gary Goggins invited as guest speaker for ECO2/ACT4ECO seminar in UCCGary Goggins was the guest speaker at a seminar to discuss the sustainable energy transition from a demand side perspective. He presented findings from several European projects including insights from Wild Atlantic Nature. The seminar was hosted by UCC on 28 May 2021 as part of the ECO2 H2020 project.
- Wild Atlantic Nature among speakers at the Water Forum Managing Peatlands seminarDerek McLoughlin gave a presentation to a large number of attendees at the Water Forum Managing Peatlands seminar on 21 May 2021. Derek spoke about integrated approaches to land use and the potential of results-based programme to deliver better outcomes for farmers and the environment.
- Wild Atlantic Nature present at Mayo County Council Decarbonising Zone workshopDr Gary Goggins, Public Awareness Manager with Wild Atlantic Nature gave a presentation of the project at a workshop event organised by Mayo County Council to select a location to become Mayo’s first decarbonisation zone. The workshop on the 8th April 2021 was attended by more than 40 people representing towns and villages across the …
Wild Atlantic Nature present at Mayo County Council Decarbonising Zone workshop Read More »
- Wild Atlantic Nature project meetingWild Atlantic Nature held their first mission meeting with the European Commission on 16th March 2021. It was a very productive meeting and the project team are grateful to all our partners for their input and to our project monitors and funders for their expert advice and guidance. We look forward to ongoing fruitful relationships …